|Brand||Dow Chemical (Rohm & Haas) USA|
|Pack Size||240 KG|
It is a homopolymer of acrylic acid with an optimized molecular weight to be used in different
applications such as liquid fabric wash, laundry additives, industrial and institutional detergents.Specifications:Physical and Chemical Properties:
- Appearance Clear solution to slightly yellow
- Average Molecular Weight: 4500
- Total Solids(%): 45
- pH(at 25°C): 6.9
- Viscosity Brookfield(mPa.s/cps at 25°C): 800
- Bulk Density(at 25 ̊C): 1.24
Chemistry and Mode of Action:
ACUSOL 445N is a homopolymer of acrylic acid with selected molecular weight around 4500 in order to optimize
the following properties.
- Anti-precipitation: ACUSOL 445N will increase the solubility of precipitating salts by threshold effect. This allows reducing in the wash bath precipitation of inorganic salts (carbonates, phosphates, sulfates of Ca and Mg).
- Crystal distortion: this polymer gets entrapped into crystal lattices, preventing their growth and facilitating their breakage. This minimizes adherence of salts on surfaces and facilitates their elimination by rinsing.
- Dispersing properties: this polymer is a good dispersant for soils and will help to prevent their redeposition on surfaces.
- Processing aids: the polymeric and chemical nature of ACUSOL 445N will bring binding properties which can be useful in several detergent manufacturing processes especially tableting.
ACUSOL 445N is a key ingredient in institutional and industrial cleaners and laundry detergents. By using this
polymer, the detergent manufacturers will enjoy the following advantages:
- Inhibition of crystal growth, thus preventing precipitation of carbonates phosphates or silicates.
- Dispersion of precipitates in the cleaning bath to avoid settling and scaling on surfaces and fibers.
- Improvement of filming maintenance by soil dispersion, which minimizes organic components deposition on glass and dishwares.
- Increase of bleach stability especially in chlorinated formulations by binding heavy metals which destabilize chlorine species through catalytic reactions.
- Use in medium alkaline to very alkaline formulations, due to the high solubility of ACUSOL 445N in caustic products. Caustics should be added slowly to a water premix containing polymer to avoid high pH gradients.
- Prevents the redeposition of clay sink onto the fabric or hard surface by keeping the particles suspended in the wash bath.
- To obtain an optimal effectiveness this polymer should be used at levels between 250 and 1000 ppm in the wash baths (household) and 100 to 500 ppm for industrial purposes. This will generally correspond to 2-6% in the liquid formulation.
- ACUSOL 445N is designed to be used in phosphate based or phosphate free detergents, the latter based on carbonate, silicate, citrate, and NTA.
- ACUSOL 445N is a suitable candidate for alkaline and chlorinated cleaners.
- In addition, ACUSOL 445N can be incorporated in carbonate rich fabric wash powders, and at the low level in liquid.
- Laundry formulations
Material Safety Data Sheets:
- Rohm and Haas Company maintains Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on all of its products. These contain important information that you may need to protect your employees and customers against any known health and safety hazards associated with our products. We recommend you obtain copies of MSDS for our products from your local Rohm and Haas technical representative or the Rohm and Haas Company. In addition, we recommend you obtain copies of MSDS from your suppliers of other raw materials used with our products.
- Item Code: ACUSOL445N
- Pay Mode Terms: L/C (Letter of Credit),T/T (Bank Transfer)